Internationally there are many celebrities who interacts and engages with their fans using various web technologies (social media) like Twitter and Facebook. Among the most successful members of Twitter are Ashton Kutcher and Lady Gaga; certainly best classified as “brands” rather than “publishers.” Now that these celebrities have achieved huge numbers of engaged followers, other brands are taking notice and seeking to pay to advertise within their newly created communities of fans and followers.
In other words, successful celebrity brands on social media have become publishers. Tweets from celebrities can be considered personal endorsements, similarly on Facebook fan pages every update from a celebrity can create a chain reaction of comments, representing a potentially lucrative advertisement platform.
This is a simple guideline in-case you happens to be a celebrity and want to profess fondness for a particular product/ brand (even if that means you was influenced by few lacks of INR), these are the few tricks you can use to create community of fans on social web :-
- Be authentic and engaging – share pictures with friends, family, and other
- Write regularly on wall and go beyond just updates. Share your story, your social activities and often engages fans by asking questions
- Control your own page, get your own Facebook unique URL, which is good for personal branding
- Engage fans with exclusive, fresh content – Share pictures, videos, blog post on the Facebook pages. This will keep them coming back for more
- Use Facebook/Orkut as an online diary, talk about your experiences, and sharing videos and pictures of yourself and your sponsorships
- On Twitter use verified account
- Provide links to all your social media presence
- Don’t focus to much on “what are you doing right now” rather focus on “what are you doing interesting”
- Post content regularly and share experience
- Disclose in case you are using a PR Agency
- Use @replies on Twitter and comments on Facebook to actually jump into discussions with fans. Re-tweet interesting post by fans and friends
- Stats updates should be left for your website and third-party sports news services, unless there is some major milestone achieved
- Give credit to the sources whenever you post content from other sources
IMP: Maintain an active presence on social media sites during your off season from sin order to build year-round interest.